I am very sorry but I am unable to offer specialist tutoring because of work and assessment commitments.

However, if one of the recommendations was for 1:1 tutoring, a specialist tutor will be able to give you or your child
the individual attention that you need. They will be qualified to identify a pace of learning that suits and can focus on
specific difficulties. They will play to strengths and help you or your child to build confidence.

A specialist tutor should:

  • Have a recognised qualification to show that they have the knowledge and skills to support dyslexia learners
  • (Level 5/ Level 7/ ATS/ AMBDA)
  • Hold a professional membership of a recognised organisation (PATOSS/ Dyslexia Guild/ BDA)
  • Have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and insurance.
  • Be able to take on board recommendations from a diagnostic report.
  • Be able to use multi-sensory methods to teach reading and spelling or teach study skills if you or your child is
  • working towards GCSEs, A levels or a university degree.

They may:

  • Be able to tutor in assistive technologies
  • Be prepared to liaise with your child’s school.
  • Allow you to sit in on lessons and take work home.
  • Provide you with progress reports.